White bean and mushroom soup
This winter, try out our warm, smooth and comforting mushroom soup laden with nutrient-rich ingredients like the antioxidant-rich fragrant herb, rosemary leaves. It is easy to make, protein rich and free from all the top allergens. We have here prepared for you a handy guide to make this nourishing soup.
- One tablespoon olive oil
- 500grams of chopped baby-bella mushrooms (baby-bella or Italian Portobello are low-fat, low-cholesterol, rich in vitamin and mineral content mushrooms that have been allowed to mature for about seven days longer than traditional mushroom)
- Half of red onion chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 400grams of organic white beans drained and rinsed
- Three cups vegetable broth
- One tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- One teaspoon of dried rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare vegetable broth. The following instruction will help you prepare the perfect broth
- Collect and chop all the different kinds of vegetables you would like to use n your broth. Avoid veggies like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower for they can leave a bitter flavour in your broth.
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add your chopped vegetables and water into the pot. Allow it to cook for about 45 minutes.
- Pour the broth through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Discard the solids.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and onion and cook until it begins to brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms. As the mushrooms start to soften, add the spices and white bean. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about five minutes and then add the broth. After boiling the soup, add chilli flakes and more pepper and salt if need be.
- Let the soup simmer for as long (consequently as flavoured) as you want.
- When ready to serve blend it if you prefer pureed soups.
- Garnish the soup with more mushrooms, a drizzle of olive oil and some chopped scallion.
This soup uses a heady mix of all that can is healthy and wholesome, we suggest you to make this soup every evening as your very own ambrosia.