Baked Soda Bread Pakora
May 24, 2019Health Recipes
Serving size: 1
Nutrition Info :
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbs: 32g
- Wheat bread-2 slices
- Soya granules-2 tsp
- Vegetables-1/2 cup (carrots and peas chopped finely)
- Black cumin seed-a pinch
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder-1/4tsp
- Oil-1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Besan (chick pea flour)-1/4 cup
- Rice flour-tsp
- Baking soda-a pinch
- Roasted cumin powder-a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Boil the chopped vegetables in water till fork soft, drain, keepaside.
- Soak soya granules in warm water for 10 min; squeeze keep aside
- Heat a non-stick pan and spray it with oil; temper with cumin seeds, turmeric and red chili powder; then add boil vegetables, soya granules, salt and mix well.
- Take all the ingredients of batter in a bowl and mix well; then add just enough water to prepare a semi-thick batter; keep aside.
- Now cut out the side crusts from the 2 breads slices and add prepared soya stuffing in between the 2 slices to make a sandwich.
- Cut sandwich diagonally to make 2 pakoras; dip them separately in the batter; place on the each side in a preheated oven (200oC).
- Bake for 8 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.